[downloadable for reports]
Maps & Flag
[downloadable for reports]
Bolivia (CIA World Factbook)
- Find up-to-date population figures and other statistics.
Bolivian Collection (Andean Images)
- Look at pictures of Bolivia and its people.
Noel Kempff Mercado National Park
- See photos and learn about the animals of Bolivia’s largest national park.
- Get the current weather conditions for La Paz and other cities in Bolivia.
History and Government
Embassy Highlights (Embassy of the United States, La Paz, Bolivia)
- Offers news and information for U.S. citizens living in or traveling to Bolivia
Official Web Portal of the Government of Bolivia (Portal del Gobierno de Bolivia)
- Includes current information in Spanish, links to newspapers and radio stations, history, and more
Aymara (Minnesota State University)
- Discover what is known about the Aymara people.
The Conquest of the Inca Empire: Francisco Pizarro (The European Voyages of Exploration, The Applied History Research Group, The University of Calgary)
- Learn more about Pizarro’s conquest.
Languages of Bolivia (Ethnologue)
- Learn about the living and extinct languages of Bolivia.
- Learn about the history of the Quechua language and meet and listen to native speakers.
Music from the Andes (Boleadora)
- Play samples of music from Bolivia and nearby areas.
Recipes Gallery (BoliviaWeb)
- Try recipes for traditional Bolivian food.
Bolivia Energy Data (Energy Information Administration)
- Read about Bolivia’s energy resources, including oil and natural gas.
Currency Converter (xe.com)
- Convert U.S. dollars to Bolivian bolivianos.
For More Information
Bolivia (Lonely Planet)
- Learn about traveling to Bolivia
Bolivia (New York Times)
- Read the latest articles about Bolivia from the New York Times.
- Get the latest news from Bolivia.
- Virtual tours, travel facts, links to newspapers and radio stations, and slide shows of Bolivian art
Country Profile: Bolivia (BBC News)
- Find up-to-date headlines, colorful maps, a timeline, and an overview, and watch video news clips.
All for One, and One for Oil? (New York Times Daily Lesson Plan)
- Lesson plan on the diplomatic relationships among oil-producing nations (grades 6–12)
Country Studies: Bolivia (Library of Congress)
- Detailed information on the history, society, economy, and government of Bolivia
Flags of Latin America (DiscoverySchool.com)
- Lesson plan (grades 6–8) about the appearance and significance of flags of Latin America
I Spy (New York Times Daily Lesson Plan)
- Lesson plan on U.S. intelligence gathering (grades 6–12)
Machu Picchu: Unveiling the Mystery of the Incas (Peabody Museum of Natural History, Yale University)
- Social studies curriculum guide based on a national touring exhibition (Grades 4–12)
Two Ancient Cities (National Geographic Xpeditions)
- Lesson plan on Machu Picchu (grades 9–12)
To order VGS titles or request a free catalog, please call 800.328.4929 or visit